Monday 1 October 2012

KJo: I can't make a small budget film


Did you adore lil Anjaly in Kuch Kuch Hota Hai? She is now all grown up and waiting eagerly for her flick Student of The Year to hit the marquee. She will play the college hottie Tanya in this movie. Coming up:Here's what KJo has to say about his movies.
 
Sana Saeed








Opulent sets. Virgin locations. Designer costumes. Hundreds of background dancers - One would have felt that Karan Johar, after shifting gears from his brand of cinema with his MY NAME IS KHAN, has seen it and done all. In fact it was least expected that for a film featuring three rank newcomers, Siddharth Malhotra, Varun Dhawan and Alia Bhatt, he would not just revert to the formula but also mount it such an massive scale that the film would be compared with his biggies like KUCH KUCH HOTA HAI, KABHI GHUSHI KABHIE GHAM and KABHI ALVIDA NAA KEHNA. However that indeed has happened with STUDENT OF THE YEAR.

   KJo: I can't make a small …






"Well, I have grown to realise that no matter what I direct, I can't make a small budget film," says Karan Johar, "I just can't cut corners even if I am making a holiday film like STUDENT OF THE YEAR. Making films on lavish scale comes naturally to me; even if I try, I can't curb that."

    KJo: I can't make a small … 






One would have expected him to go slow though considering the fact that there is no Shahrukh Khan or a Kajol to act as a cushion.

    KJo: I can't make a small …







"But this time around the endeavour was for me to not work with established stars," Karan defends, "I wanted to make an entertaining film with youngsters and wanted to be challenged by working with first time actors. See, I have worked with some extremely prolific actors, be it Mr. Bachchan, Shahrukh, Kajol, Kareena, Hrithik, Abhishek, Rani or Preity. Now to launch three main leads with a bunch of other first timers in the ensemble cast has been a great opportunity as well. In fact the only big leading actor that I have in the film is Rishi Kapoor; otherwise everyone is a first timer. That's a kick good enough for me."

                     KJo: I can't make a small … 








Filmmaker Karan Johar reveals that he wanted to hold a grand premiere for "Student of The Year" but promotional commitments prevent him from doing so.

   No premiere for 'Student …







Student of The Year" marks the debut of Varun Dhawan, director David Dhawan's son; model Siddharth Malhotra and Mahesh Bhatt and Soni Razdan's daugher Alia.

    No premiere for 'Student …






"I would like to present them, I wish we had the schedule and time. I wanted to hold a grand premiere and officially introduce them (the new actors) to the movie industry. But our marketing plans are so extensive, city visits, international travel," the 40-year-old said in an interview.

    No premiere for 'Student …







Karan further says a premiere needs a lot of time and dedication.

   No premiere for 'Student …






"If we have to keep a premiere we need to give it a lot of time, in terms of we need to give a lot of respect to the while calling the industry, seat them well, make sure the event is nice. So we may not get the time. I never kept a premiere after 'Kuch Kuch Hota Hai' but I wanted to for this film," he said.

                                          No premiere for 'Student …


No comments:

Post a Comment