Sunday 2 September 2012

Raveena Tandon: Reel to real


Her transition from reel to real is effortless. Women look their best after 30. By this time you know what works for you and what doesnt, Raveena says with a confident flourish. When I joined the industry, I had unkempt eyebrows, badly permed hair and didnt have much sense of style. Today I am confident about my choices and look better than I ever did, she adds candidly.

                      raveena





HEALTHY FROM WITHIN
That Raveena is healthy from within shows up in the way herface glowsshe barely even needs a touch-up! So whats her secret A few lucky women inherit good skin and hair; most of us have to work at it. What you eat and how you live shows on your face and body, she says. Smoke, and your lips will darken; cheat on fruits and veggies and your skin will look dull.
            raveena






Healthy eating is a way of life for Raveena. Ever since I can remember, I have loved fruits and sprouts, she says. Now, she is even more conscious about whats on her plate. My food is cooked with very little oil, I avoid fried foods altogether and give myself a sweet treat only on weekends, she says. Shes not in the race to be a certain size. But shes fit enough to inspire every woman.

             raveena





ON BEING A MOM
For those of you who didnt know, Raveena was already a mother to two grown-up girls when she was barely 20 and still single She adopted Pooja (then 11) and Chhaya (then 8)daughters of her distant cousin who had fallen upon bad times. I felt that the girls didnt have the life they deserved, so I took them inand I am so glad that I did. When I see them successful and happy today, I feel immensely proud and satisfied, says the beaming mom. In fact, the welfare of the girl child is a cause that is close to her heart. I grew up seeing my mom volunteer at orphanages. It instilled in me the idea of giving back to the community, says the actor who has been an ambassador for UNICEF, CRY and WRAI (White Ribbon Alliance India).
   
       raveena




They love each other. Pooja and Chhaya are surrogate moms to my younger ones. Just recently, Rasha had to write an essay titled My Special One and she wrote about how her older sister from Cape Town (Pooja is now married and settled there) cares for her, says Raveena, showing us a photograph of the siblings on her phone. Her family has been her first priority. This explains her three sabbaticals from work. Kids need a sense of security that mom and dad can give them. 

         raveena






No comments:

Post a Comment