Thursday 20 September 2012

Guess who plays Gauri Khan in ‘Heroine’


As Madhur Bhandarkar’s ‘Heroine’ releases this week, all eyes are on the film’s lead Kareena Kapoor who plays the role of successful actress in the film

Guess who plays Gauri Khan in ‘Heroine’






The film promises an insider’s view of the Hindi film industry and take us into the lives of those who run it

 Guess who plays Gauri Khan in ‘Heroine’






A critical supporting role in the film, essayed by actress Rashmi Nigam, is that of a superstar’s wife. The character is said to be based on Gauri Khan and Suzanne Roshan who are married to Bollywood’s poster boys Shah Rukh Khan and Hrithik Roshan. Rashmi says, “My role shows what a star’s wife has to go through. When relationships and rumours start cropping up around the actor, it makes her jealous. Yet, she wants to see her husband shine.”

 Guess who plays Gauri Khan in ‘Heroine’






Talking about how she was chosen for the role, she admits that it was just by chance. “In November, I did a commercial for a shampoo brand. At the time, they were re-casting for Heroine. I had asked my agency to get me an audition as I’ve always wanted to work with Madhur Bhandarkar. They saw my ad and called me in,” says Rashmi

 Guess who plays Gauri Khan in ‘Heroine’







While this might give Rashmi a great platform to build a film career, doesn’t she fear being shadowed by Kareena Kapoor who plays the protagonist in the film? “The film is indeed about Kareena’s character. The rest of us are supporting characters who help build up the plot. However, when you are sharing screen space with Kareena, you will naturally draw eyeballs as well. So I don’t have any qualms doing this film,” replies Rashmi

 Guess who plays Gauri Khan in ‘Heroine’



1 comment: