Tuesday 28 August 2012

The celebrity way to lustrous hair


During the Monsoons, your hair behaves differently due to the humidity in the air; a diligent hair care regime is needed to nourish your hair from within and to maintain the volume and bounce! We asked actress Nargis Fakhri how she keeps her lustrous mane looking ravishing during the rains!








A 20 minutes deep conditioning massage with hot coconut based hair oil is my non-negotiable hair care ritual, especially during the monsoon. Coconut based hair oil deeply penetrates into your scalp to deeply condition your hair, making it an instant solution against the frizz and keeping my hair voluminous, thick and full of bounce.






When I wash my hair in the monsoon, I pat my hair dry with a towel, and use a soft hair brush or a wide-toothed comb so that my hair isn’t treated harshly and it maintains its shine and natural oils.






Sometimes after many long days of shoot, all the hair styling makes my hair slightly dry, especially in the monsoon when the weather is humid! I simply get a quick 20 minute deep conditioning massage with hot coconut based hair oil, which nourishes my hair from within and brings back my volume and bounce.






 i also make sure I don’t tie my hair very tightly as it will leave the strands broken leading to unnecessary damage and roughness. It’s best to keep your hair styles as simple as possible, maybe a sleek ponytail or a bun, as they are the easiest to maintain in the humid weather.






A good diet of 3-4 portions of fruit and vegetables gives me my share of anti-oxidants to keep my hair healthy. Also, protein enriched food such as milk, yoghurt; sprouts, etc. provide my hair with the essential nourishment. Drinking fluids like coconut water keep my system hydrated and refreshed, which makes sure my hair is healthy.




No comments:

Post a Comment